Reprogramming a remote key fob
Sometimes it's necessary or required to reprogramme your remote key fob, for example if your key fob battery is completely dead.
This procedure will pair / reprogramme your key fobs to enable lock/unlock functions and buttons to operate correctly. This does not include re-coding the key fobs RF transponder to enable you to start the vehicle.
- It would be wise to ensure all key fobs are clean and fitted with new batteries
- Sit in the drivers seat and ensure the drivers door is closed (although some people report that it only works for them when the driver's door is open)
- With the key in the ignition, to position I
- Wait 5 seconds
- Then turn the key quickly to position II then back to position I a total of four times. (This step must only be carried out once as this generates the new key code)
- You should hear a single chime
- Now remove the key
- For each of your key fobs, in quick succession: Press any single button on the key fob you wish to pair. You should hear a chime as each key fob is paired with the security system. After the chime press a button on the next key fob you wish to pair
- Once you have completed pairing all your key fobs, wait 3 minutes then check the operation of each key fob by locking/unlocking the vehicle
Important Note: All the fobs that you wish to use MUST be paired at the same time. Every time you operate the key as in step 5 above the code will be changed and previously programmed fobs will no longer work until they are all repaired, at the same time.
This document has been compiled for www.X-Type.uk and the content and/or layout is copyright © 2018-2023 X-Type.uk. All Rights Reserved.